Hello everyone, I am Raquel the translator of ''the little ants'', as you know I have to choose five key words and to provide a definition of them, but again as you know this week we have work the advantages and the disadvantages of these six leadership styles, so I have though that all of them are key words, so I have done an exception and I have describes all of them.
1. Democratic: This is a leadership style in which the leader take into account their followers' opinion in the decision-making process, so the play a more important role in the decision than other followers of others leadership styles can do and in this way the results are always more creatives. That's the reason why this type of leadership is the more effective, it have higher productivity and usually it is the best one because it cause less problems than others.
2. Autocratic: This kind of leaders have all the control in the decision-making process and the result are less creative because they never take into account their followers' opinion, they only take into account their own opinion. They are really clear about the thing that should be done, how they should be done, and exactly when they should be done. Also they establish very well the difference between the leader and the followers. It is only useful in a decision-making process when there is few time to decide.
3. Laissez- faire: In this kind of leadership the leader give to their follower all the control to the decision making process. They do not provide direction to the followers, it give to their followers a higher degree of freedom, while at the same time they offering guide and support when they are requested. The leader provide all the material necessary to accomplish their goals but he or she don't participate in the decision-making process.
4. Transactional: This leaders focus on motivate their followers trough out a system of rewards and punishments. Providing rewards to recognize the effort or the good performance, and providing punishment to improve the performance. They identify their followers' needs and given them rewards to improve their efficiency. Transactional style prefer working in teams to focus all their concentration in the task.
5. Transformational: The transformational leadership style depends on high levels of communication because leaders motivate their followers by th communication. The leader is not limited by the perception of their followers. They focus on transform the need of their followers and redirect their thinking. The leader work in the most important issue and delegate smaller tasks to their team.
6. Paternalistic: The paternalistic leaderships works as a father for their followers, taking care about them as a father would do with their children. And he or she receive as a result the trust and the loyalty of them. The relationship between leader and workers is totally solid. They help each other as a family when they have any problem.
To sum, I have to say that it have been the best activity in my opinion because it is really useful in our future as teacher to know how much types of leaderships there are and which we want to be, I think that the best one is the democratic leadership.