Tuesday 11 February 2014

Translator Post

Hi, I'm Esmeralda! I'm the traslator this week and, as many of you know, the traslator's task is to  find the five most important terms that we have learnt during the task of this week and I have to define each term with my own words. Well, we have been working on the topic "TPACK in education" so the five terms that I have chosen as the most important are TPACK, content, technology, pedadogy and integration.
In order to define each of these terms I have based my research on an specific article that the teacher gave us. Then, I will put the reference of the other article in the end of my post because maybe, it is interesting for some of you.

  Maybe, the most important term of the task is TPACK. 
- TPACK stands for Technological, Pedagogical and Content Knowledge and it is also the interaction between these three bodies of knowledge. TPACK is described as a frame where the goal is the integration of the use of technology (both analog and digital) in training future teachers. The use of TPACK has as a result an effective teaching on the part of the teachers.
- When we talk about Content Knowledge (CK) we referred to the subject matter that teachers must know so that they can teach others in an adequate way. Each subject has a different specific content.
- Technology Knowledge (TK) refers to the knowledge of differents technologies and the aplication of this technologies to the educational context. We can distinguish between (1)traditional pedagogical technologies (a pencil); and (2) digital technologies, such as computers.
-Pedagogical Knowledge (PK) consist of the knowledge on the part of the teachers of the appropriate processes and methods for an effective teaching and learning. 
-I will define the term integration in relation to the TPACK framework. We talk about the integration of the three bodies of knowledge which form the TPACK. It means, integration consists of putting together the content, pegadody and technology on an specific educational context in order to create an effective teaching. 

This is the reference of the article that the teacher gave us and I have used it as the base for definining the main terms:


Roselmina Indrisano, Lee S. Shulman, Matthew J. Koehler, Punya Mishra, and William Cain, Storey Mecoli, Mary Elizabeth Matthews, Michelle Carney and Roselmina Indrisano, Laura M. Jiménez and Kristin K. A. McIlhagga and Laura Callis. (2013) “JOURNAL OF EDUCATION volume 193, number 3, 2013 Pedagogical Content Knowledge”

I have also used other sources, here you have the references: -Royce Kimmons. (2011-03-22). "TPACK in 3 Minutes". Retrieved from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wGpSaTzW58


 -Schmidt, D. A., Baran, E., Thompson, A. D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M. J., & Shin, T. S. (2009). Technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 42(2), 123.

I hope you enjoy it! 

2 comments:

  1. Just ONE source for doing everything? come on! you need to read more and to think more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made some changes in order to improve my post. I used more than one source but I only put the reference of the article that you give us as the base of my research. Now I have put all the references that I used. I hope that it will be better now!

    ReplyDelete