Tuesday 18 February 2014

Journalist Post

Hi, dear readers. I am Blanca and this week I had the role of journalist. This role is very interactive, because when the members of the group were giving their ideas for the presentation, were talking about the new task or doing the poster board and the Pearl Tree, I had to take photos and videos of that. I enjoy this role very much.
I also had to comment other blogs from people of the class and a blog from outside the class. These were the comments:
  • The first of all was in T8T’s blog:



  • The second one was in The Teachleaders’ blog:



  • The last one was in a blog from outside the class. The blog is from a girl of Chester and she did a Treasure Hunt with people of her city:




I have to add that the Treasure Hunt I like the most was the one of the group called "C'mon Tutankamon" which consists on an activity with the parts of the house and the media they chose, the power of the photoshop which can distorts the real perception of the kids.

Here you have some videos and photos of the work I have done during the week. I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJEARahL1BA




On 11st of February, the group starts the new task of the week in Organization class. The group was giving ideas of the election of the countries. In class, we decided to do the comparition between France and Mexico. 
We continue after lunch in the classrooms of work at the Faculty of Philosophy in order to try to make a progress in the presentation.We started doing the comparision between the different projections, here you can see the facilitator of this week, Rosana.


Here we have our stars of the week preparing their presentation on Tuesday 11st in the afternoon (Alba and Raquel).


Then, we started to express our ideas in the poster board. In this photo you can see a member of the group, María, drawing and doing the final details of the poster.
On Wednesday 12nd of February, the group study a bit what we had learnt these days and think in things we can add to our task.

On Thursday 13rd of February, we continue

our work in Organization class. We have most
of the work done. We asked some cuestions
to Isabel in order to check that our work was
being well done.








The following days we continue with the task in our houses because each member of the group were in our respective cities. In that way, we asked our doubts through Skype or Whatsapp.


On 17th of February, we have the presentation of the groups of the class. The teacher distributed the class in groups depending in the role that each person have:







These are some pictures of poster boards of the groups in class.





Here you have some photos of the presentations about the topic of the week: Cartography maps, media and treasure hunt.




I like very much the topic of this week because I have learnt new things I did not know. An example of that it is I did not know that with the different projections, the countries have distinct measures. In this way, since we are young, we learn in an inappropriate way, in my point of view.

This week we did the task faster, although we hardly had time in class. We already had more practice and I hope that in the next few weeks it keeps better. I also have to add that some projections in the task, such as the Azimuthal Projection, have very few pages where to find information, but I think we could resolve it.

Best regards!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this post because I didn't know the different projections you have posted in the blog and I have learnt a lot with all of you!!!!
    Good job!! Well done!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Bea.
    Pay attention to our new post because this week we have other task to do, we have choosen the topic of Water to explain to the kids in class. Later, we will upload the video of the presentation of today.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete