Wednesday 26 February 2014

Facilitator Post

Hello, I am the Facilitator of “The Little Ants”, Blanca, during the third task. This week I could learn about the Creative Commons, new information with the steps that we must follow when we have to do a slideshow and things about the water, floating and sinking (the presentation of the topic that the group chose).
My role as facilitator consists of dividing and coordinating the members of the group. I have to tell each person what they have to do. I have to solve the problems and help other members with the incidents that emerge during the week. Then, I have to check that everything uploaded to the blog is well done, correct the spelling and answer the comments. I have updated some things in Twitter.
The role of each person during this week was:
  • Journalist: Mª Dolores. She has commented in the blogs of the other groups and has taken photos and has made some videos while we were working.
  •  Analyst: Raquel. She has answered some questions related to the topic of the week and she also has evaluated each member of the group.
  • Translator: Rosana. She has to choose the five words which have been the key to understand the topic and she looked for information about them.
  • Curator-farmer: Alba. She has made the PearlTrees and has compiled the references that we have used.
  • Stars: Esmeralda and María. They were in charge of explaining to the whole class the slideshow that we had prepared about the slideshow of the water.
  • Facilitator: Blanca.


The work of my colleagues was wonderful this week. I am very happy with the coordination of the group.
This week we had to make three slideshows. In order to understand better the concepts I thought that it would be better to divide us and make the slideshows in pairs. So I told Rosana and Mª Dolores to do the slideshow about the twenty basic tips that we have to follow to do a good presentation. Then, I told Esmeralda and María to do the slideshow about the Creative Commons. And finally, I do the slideshow with Alba and Raquel of the topic related to a content on Primary School (in our case, the water-floating and sinking).

We decided to present our slideshow about the water with objects on live. With this we thought that the presentation will be more believable.

I have to say that each member of the group had their activities in time. When we finished our slideshows and all we have to do, each person explained to the whole group how was the experience, what we have learnt and so on. In this way all people of the group have an idea and know everything of the topic in the subject of School Organization.

I also have to solve the problems that happened. For example, on Tuesday 18th of February, we started our slideshow about the water, but the next Thursday we talked with our teacher and she told us that we must focus in one specific aspect of the water so we change it. We decided to do the presentation about floating and sinking, which was a topic more definite.
Other problem that occurred was that we were thinking in objects which sink and which float and we think that the best objects were a coin, a leaf, a stone and a cork. Then, we realized that we have not got a leaf, a stone and a cork, so I and Raquel went to the street in order to find the objects. I really enjoy this experience!



I hope you have enjoyed this post! Thanks for reading it. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment